Monday, May 14, 2007

A lousy player's football card: 2006 Score Donovan Morgan

Since I know you don't know who Donovan Morgan is, I'll tell you everything I learned from the front of his Score 2006 card (#300). Donovan is a WR and he wears #11 for the Houston Texans.

Now here's what the blurb on the back of the card tells us:

Morgan entered the season finale of his second NFL campaign with just one career reception. In Week 17 at San Francisco, however, he had three for 33 yards.

In the words of Ron Burgundy, "Don't act like you're not impressed."

I have nothing against Donovan Morgan. I don't mean to call you lousy (for I suspect Morgan will google himself and find this webpage). Sorry, Mr. Morgan: it really seems unnecessary for me to pick on people like you who are probably worked really hard and are honored to play in the NFL at all. My real vexation is toward Score. Why, Score, did you feel the need to make a Donovan Morgan card in your set? Getting this Morgan card prevented me from getting a card that might have been slightly enjoyable on some level. The only people interested in this card are Morgan's family and maybe--maybe--some hardcore Louisiana-Lafayette fans. Instead, Score gives us a card of a player we're not ever likely to care about.

Hmm. Three for 33 in the finale, when nobody cares and coaches are just trying out the youngsters. Still....that's something. He might be able to make the Viking roster.

No comments:

Post a Comment