Monday, May 07, 2007

Finals Week Blizzard

During Finals Week, every moment I'm not grading papers or exams feels like a wasteful moment. But still I'll provide you with a few interesting links.

If you don't like Peter Kings' MMQB today, you can go to Football Outsiders to complain about it.

Doug at PFR has an interesting hobbyhorse: proving why Joey Galloway is an underrated great. He consistently makes convincing arguments, too.

Via The Big Lead, 100% Injury Rate notes that Michael Wilbon doesn't like bloggers or PETA (and I thought he and I could be friends; turns out he must hate me with the energy of a thousand suns).

If you like your sports blog to include a social conscience and critical examinations of representations of race, you should definitely read The Starting Five. The posts and the comments are consistently thought-provoking.

And at Costanza Book Club today, I list the TV shows that I believe aspire to "great art" (with very little explanation of why).

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm a packers fan...but nonetheless really like your blog and actually read it rather often. I was wondering if you'd like to exchange links with me

    My writing can be found on The Sports Flow at http://www.thesportsflow.blogspot.com

    Please come by and let me know what you think with a comment or a email. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked it out and added a link. When football season comes we can hurl insults at each other. ; )

    ReplyDelete