Saturday, January 20, 2007

BlueVikingDevil's Championship Wishes

That is right I am only going to write about what I wish to happen in Sunday's games not what I think will happen. The reason for this is simple. I give up on predicting games and I specifically blame Steve McNair and the Raven's offense for my despair in predicting games. Anyway back to the topic at hand.

Saints at Bears

Personally I don't care one bit who wins this game although for some reason I will be rooting for the Saints. There are a few reasons why I will be rooting for the Saints. First, Drew Brees. I like him as a quarterback and he is the only quarterback in the NFL that I have seen play live (that is right I have never been to an NFL game and I have only been to one college game Penn St. vs. Purdue during LaVar Arrington's last year at Penn State, it was a great game that ended with Purdue unable to capitalize on a 1st and Goal in the last seconds to win the game). Second, Reggie Bush. I like Reggie Bush. He is over-hyped but I think he is exciting and able at any moment to "wow" you with his athleticism. Third, I like Duece McAllister. Four years ago he was integral to my fantasy football championship, so I will always cheer for his success. Fourth, I cannot stand Rex Grossman. If Rex Grossman were to play in and possibly win a Super Bowl I will be distraught until at least the NFL Draft. I never understood Chicago taking Grossman. Grossman is a silver spoon in his mouth guy who just doesn't fit the whole Chicago gritty tough Bears sports scene and because of that silver spoon I might never like him.

However, the only reason I have reservations about the Saints winning is because I do not want 2 weeks of non-stop Saints love and how they epitomize the American spirit of "pulling up the boot straps" despite adversity to find success. Whoever wins this game I will not be cheering for in the Super Bowl.

Patriots at Colts

I am 100% rooting for the Patriots in this one. Here are my reasons. First, I like Tom Brady. He is a great playoff QB who could win his 4th Super Bowl joining the elite ranks of Bradshaw and Montana as 4 time winners of the big game. I want this for Tom Brady. Second, I dislike Peyton Manning. Nothing against Manning he is a great quarterback and he does do some funny commercials, but the fact is I don't want to see him to win the big game. Why? Because I dont want to spend the next 5-10 years of my life having to watch Colts games and hear the announcers talking about how he is the greatest QB ever and kissing his butt like they have Brett Favre. Fact is the only thing that keeps announcers from doing this currently is his inability to get to the big game and win it. Third, if I am going to listen to a story line for the next two weeks I want it to be a debate about whether the Patriots franchise is one of the best dynasty's ever and inevitably the discussion of Tom Brady as one of the greatest QB's of all time.

While I will be rooting for the Patriots if the Colts happen to win I will be rooting for them in the Super Bowl. There are two reasons for this. First, I like Tony Dungy. I don't think he gets enough credit for being the great coach that he is. If he wins the Super Bowl his job should be secure for life in Indy and I think he deserves that. Second, the order of teams I will cheer for who remain goes in this order: 1. Patriots 2. Colts 3. Saints 4. Bears. Basically I want the AFC to win another championship and continue their recent Super Bowl dominance.

No comments:

Post a Comment