Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Little Blizzard

Links
Thomas Tapeh (Star Tribune).

Madieu Williams and Darren Sharper (Pioneer Press).

Adrian Peterson (Pioneer Press).

Tarvaris Jackson and Bernard Berrian (Viking Update).

Tarvaris Jackson's practice (Star Tribune).

Just tell me how I'm supposed to feel (Access Vikings). Addendum: yes, just tell me how to feel (ESPN).

I'm really tired of the report card format for any type of team evaluation. For one thing, it's totally played. For another, it doesn't really make a lot of sense. Summer report cards? Report cards generally come after a course is completed, to evaluate the work already completed. But for what it's worth, USA Today gives the Vikings an A.

A different view on running back overuse (Advanced NFL Stats).

Playoff success since re-alignment (Cold, Hard Football Facts).

Narcissism
The Hazelweird Fantasy Draft is on Sunday. Afterward I will likely share some sincere fantasy football thoughts about players I like and dislike. Afterward I will also be recovering from drinking gin (a common enough occurrence), smoking cigars (an extremely rare occurrence), and eating a whole lot of cheese (I'm mostly vegan, but make cheese exceptions for social and special occasions--I've been fantasizing about pizza for days). This year I have no plans for wearing a headband (but I might--why not?) or growing a moustache.

So what sorts of things to you do for and during a fantasy draft?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:31 AM

    can you just imagine one of the great play action passers of all time with that run game? with that line? oh boy. oh boy guys.

    RK

    ReplyDelete