Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Blizzard

Retirees: Jonathan Ogden and Michael Strahan. Both seem like Hall of Famers, don't they? Odgen was an 11-time Pro Bowler, 4-time all-pro, a Super Bowl champ, a blocker for a 2,ooo yard rusher. Strahan was a 7-time Pro Bowler, 4-time all-pro, a Super Bowl champ, 2-time league leader in sacks, and he finished up with 141.5* sacks. Throughout their careers, a lot of people always spoke very highly of them as some of the best players at their (very important) positions.

Viking Update talks about the Viking return game of the last decade.

The Ragnarok looks at the top ten passing seasons for Viking quarterbacks.

The Daily Norseman asks which was better: Adrian Peterson's week 6 game at Chicago or his week 9 game against San Diego. Though I witnessed the 296 yard game against the Chargers live (my son better get used to hearing that), I think his game against Chicago was bigger. The Vikes won at Soldier Field for the first time since 2000, and though he deserves a lot of credit for both wins, his great performance in a 3 point road win was more meaningful than his great performance in an 18 point home win.

Chris Simms! Chris Simms!

Cold, Hard Football Facts has been ranking franchises. They ranked the Vikes 15th, the highest ranked team without a championship. They call the Vikings "one of the most infuriating teams to have followed." They also talk about the 1969 team that was excellent, but lost to the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. This was over 10 years before I was born, but I'm convinced I would have much fewer hangups in life if they had just won that game.

I've been an inconsistent blogger so far this month--a lot of things pulling me away from internet time (which isn't a bad thing). I haven't even really done much fantasy football analysis yet. I'll try to do better soon. But not too soon. And not too much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment