Sunday, February 01, 2009

Super Bowl Day

This is the day that everybody starts talking to you about football.  But while it is more historically significant (and since off the top of my head I know every Super Bowl winner, loser, and MVP, I obviously care about it in a geeky way), I find every other weekend of regular season and postseason football more fun, interesting, and exciting.  It's good fun to see who finally wins the championship, but we go from a weekend of following the exploits of several teams to a weekend of watching two.  If you're a die-hard fan of a particular team, this weekend is also less exciting than other weeks (unless your favorite team is playing this game, then it must be the most exciting--and tense, dramatic, emotional--fan experience possible.  But I haven't experienced that yet).

Now a bunch of casual fans and non-fans start talking about football a lot, but for serious fans, the Super Bowl is merely a delicious cherry on top of what was a filling, luscious, magnificent sundae.  The cherry is good, even necessary, but what I really liked was the sundae.

No comments:

Post a Comment