Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Leave us alone.

What bothers me about Glen Taylor insulting Kevin Garnett is not what you think.

Glen Taylor should be our guy to criticize. And Kevin Garnett should be our guy to defend.

But this gives Boston sports fans a chance to defend their guy, Kevin Garnett, and criticize our guy, Glen Taylor. Not only does that remind me of all the sadness (why can't Garnett still be our guy?), but it again pricks at all the inferiority I've largely forgotten about since the Patriots lost the Super Bowl.

Boston still has a great football team, a great baseball team, and a great basketball team. They have Randy Moss and Kevin Garnett.

Please, Boston fans, just leave us alone. Just enjoy all the pleasure you have and let me watch my shitty basketball team play shitty basketball.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:33 PM

    This is the guy who wrote that article on Boston Sportz. While I can definitely sympathize with you, and even partially agree with you, whether you like it or not, Garnett IS our guy now... and what kind of fans would we be if we didn't have his back?

    ReplyDelete