Monday, November 12, 2007

"Who's There?" "Despair." "Come in my friend, I know you well."

According to Access Vikings, Adrian Peterson will miss this Sunday's game against Oakland with a "partial tear of his lateral collateral ligament."

The same article notes the Vikes still have 3,500 tickets to sell, which might be tough without Peterson. So if you live within a few hundred miles of the Twin Cities, unless you're buying tickets, you're probably not seeing Tarvaris Jackson handing off to Chester Taylor. That's probably for the best.

I already have my season tickets, and it feels worth the $10 parking fee to drive into Minneapolis and watch the game. Eh.

(the title of this post is from a brilliant The Kids in the Hall sketch involving a couple of vaudevillians. The thing about TV shows you like--they don't really have games they can win or lose. They just are. Of course, they can get cancelled).

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:35 PM

    I'm so bummed out about the knee, my raider buddy (who is an oklahoma native) bought some primo tix to the upcoming game, to the tune of 315.00 apiece.. just to watch Peterson run.

    I guess we can look forward to watching the two worst offenses in the NFL now, and a 9-6 final.

    Shoot me now.

    ReplyDelete