Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nerves?

For most of the season, I thought I would be undone by the interminable suspense during the playoff period. However, I'm rather relishing this time before the Vikes' first playoff game. The reason is simple: as long as the Vikes are still alive in the playoffs, there's hope. If they lose, there's despair. Right now I can live with hope.

But I do know that Sunday morning will be a long, suspenseful period, and that I will be experiencing intense physical anxiety during the entire game (the best way I can describe the feeling I get during close Viking games: my stomach turns into a vacuum, and my heart is fluttering around as if ready to fall into that vacuum). I expect it to be dreadful during this year's playoff games.

Viking fans: how are your nerves doing?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:46 AM

    Dude,
    You are not alone, there are many of us out here
    with the same total body sickness no beer can take the edge off...and trust me I feel your pain. I still can't believe I'm rooting for #4
    in purple,.. its got this weird comfort to it though...I am 47, live in CA , grew up north, and
    pray the Vikes relax, have fun , and let the best team win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:03 AM

    Thought they played on Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is NEVER easy to be a Viking fan. I cannot wait to see the Vikes playing on Sunday. My nerves are always in knots with the VIkes always testing them.

    SKOL VIKINGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am NER-VOUS. I feel the same way you do about the window closing. I'm afraid that the NFC North will be very tough for several years, and enough Vikings are old enough to give this season a lot of urgency. I know they can beat the Cowboys, I fear they'll lay an egg.

    ReplyDelete