Monday, March 09, 2009

Viking fans just fell on the floor

From Peter King:

"I think Sage Rosenfels beats out Tarvaris Jackson in Minnesota. That's no surprise, really, but the Vikings realized they had to have a better alternative than Gus Frerotte starting every Sunday to contend for a Super Bowl. Rosenfels has the occasional brain freeze, but he's a strong-armed, semi-mobile guy who will be a kindred spirit for Brad Childress."

I liked what I was reading until the last five words.  Our quarterback a "kindred spirit for Brad Childress"?  This is what we want?  Childress to have a "kindred spirit," and said spirit to be throwing passes for the Vikings?  I'm going to go curl up fetal-style in the corner and cry.  

I'll get up when I remember that tonight I'm going to go watch a terrible pro basketball team without its best player play against another terrible pro basketball team without its best player, and that I've been looking forward to it for days.  Minnesota sports does strange things to a fan.

1 comment:

  1. Does "kindred spirit for Brad Childress" mean that when Sage has the option of passing to a wide-open Adrian Peterson or Sidney Rice, chooses a double-covered Berrian instead?

    ReplyDelete