Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's fun when people tell you what you want to hear.

I already think that Dan Marino and Peyton Manning are the greatest quarterbacks of all-time. Thanks, Chase, for confirming it!

Seriously, though, pro-football-reference.com has an interesting post on the greatest quarterbacks of all-time. Using a statistical system, they've ranked quarterbacks by best season of all-time, best quarterback season yearly, and best quarterback career.

As long as we're talking about things I want to hear, let me add this about Dr. Z's prediction that the Vikes will win the Super Bowl this season. I go into every single NFL season with the hope that this is the year the Vikings win the Super Bowl. If I didn't have this hope, I don't know that I could keep watching the team. And I don't even give up this hope until the moment the Vikes are eliminated from playoff contention. But I don't really think the Vikings will ever win the Super Bowl. I just can't really imagine the joy I would feel if that happened. As I've considered my life as a sports fan, I've realized that my deepest hope is just to see the Vikings win one championship, and the Timberwolves win one championship. That's it. But I deeply doubt I will ever see the fulfillment of these hopes. But I thank Dr. Z for his little part in keeping that hope alive.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with that hope. Sometimes I dream about it and I wake up so happy, only to be disappointed by reality. However, I disagree that it won't ever happen. We just need to be patient. Some day, we will win the Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:47 AM

    you should go to yoonew.com and buy some vikings super bowl seats...they're starting at $213.35 today but you can get matchup seats for less than $50.

    i have a vikings-steelers fantasy seat that i bought for $14.38, and i get a ticket if that matchup pans out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:14 PM

    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:55 AM

    I'M AN ANNOYING DOUCHE!
    I'M AN ANNOYING DOUCHE!
    I'M AN ANNOYING DOUCHE!
    I'M AN ANNOYING DOUCHE!
    I'M AN ANNOYING DOUCHE!
    I'M AN ANNOYING DOUCHE!
    I'M AN ANNOYING DOUCHE!

    (That's just for you, my special anonymous friend. I'd like to fire you.)

    ReplyDelete