Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I wish I could just quit the Timberwolves

I might be disappointed with the Timberwolves' bad lottery luck this season if I had ever believed anything good would ever happen with the franchise. But I don't, so getting the third pick is entirely expected. They've played 19 seasons and won two playoff series. Kevin Garnett (who has now won as many playoff series in one season in Boston as he won in 12 seasons here) may as well have never even been on the team for all it did (I actually wish he hadn't been--since they didn't ever get to the Finals anyway, it would have been no worse to pass on Garnett and see the team built entirely differently over the past 13 seasons, and it might have been better). So the Wolves get the third pick, and because they're incompetently run they'll probably pass on the potential superstar (O.J. Mayo) to get another bum who will at best put up some sort of numbers because he plays on a team that can't win 30 games, and at worst be so bad he can't get playing time on a team that can't win 30 games.

6 comments:

  1. I would give a team our first round pick if they would take McHale off our hands. He built 1 championship team and it was even the Wolves. You're welcome Danny Ainge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:03 PM

    Given the Wolves' lottery luck in the past, I'd say landing the pick they statistically should have is actually pretty good.

    Now if only Beasley would fall... I can't get too excited over Mayo, although I can't really make an argument for anyone else over him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:33 PM

    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!
    FIRE CHILDRESS NOW !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:07 PM

    Oh, man can I relate to this post. I just know that McFail is going to pick Lopez, and that he'll turn out to be the Christian Laettner of this year's draft.

    I'd be perfectly fine with either Mayo or Bayless, but something tells me we'll get a big, white stiff named Lopez. Ugghhh...kill me now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:08 AM

    They should pick Mayo, and it's not even close. I watched a pretty good amount of SC hoops the past two years and the only reason this year's team was any good was Mayo. Every thing for us revolved around what he was able to do with the ball in his hands.

    He can handle the ball well enough that he and Randy Foye can split the point guard role while creating for one another. He's a much better defender than given credit for, and given any post presence at all (Jefferson) I think he could really be a dynamic player.

    I can not wait for McHale to draft Brook "Brad Lohaus" Lopez.

    KAS

    ReplyDelete